IS A PFO RIGHT FOR ME?
Consider the Following Scenarios
If you are a wealthy and successful physician, there may be more you can do to better protect and invest your family's hard earned assets. If you find yourself answering "yes" to any of the following questions, a Physicians Family Office (PFO) may be able to help:
1. Would you like to spend more time practicing medicine or with your family, and less time managing your finances, yet don't want to accept second-rate results?
2. Do you need help simplifying your financial life?
3. Do you need help making better financial decisions but can’t find an advisor that is free of conflicts of interest due to commissions and hidden fees?
4. Do you expect to pass a large sum of money to your spouse or children, and need help doing so in the most tax-efficient manner?
5. Would you like to understand legal structures that can protect your assets against litigation, creditors and taxes?
6. Are you worried that your heirs will not properly manage your estate if your health becomes impaired or you pass away quickly?
7. Are you worried that if something happened to you, your spouse would not know where all of your assets are and how to manage them in your absence?
8. Do you need help planning for retirement?
9. Would you like to understand how an early death, disability, or other health event would impact your retirement? How about another bear market, inflation, or another economic shock?
10. Would you like to more efficiently manage your investments?
11. Are you neglecting your financial affairs because you are just too busy?
12. Could your practice be managed more efficiently so that it generates more revenue and minimizes expenses?
13. Do you believe your investment results have underperformed most mutual funds over the last 10 years?
14. Would you like to reduce the amount of fees and commissions you are paying without hurting your investment performance?
15. Do the long hours spent with patients or with research get in the way of making well-informed investment decisions?
16. Do you feel like you could use some help organizing all of your family’s financial affairs, with financial experts who are not trying to sell you anything?
17. Are you the kind of physician who wants to spend all of your time doing what you are good at – and find someone you can trust to handle the other areas of your life?
18. Are you the type of medical doctor who wants to have an expert on your side of the table when making financial decisions?
19. Are you the type of person who does not want to rely on the person getting a commission to give you critical information which will be used to make financial decisions?